It takes 20 minutes for the Mantis to respawn after being defeated. Defeating it gives 5 battle points and 250 honey. There is an approximately 1/5 chance that defeating it will also reward a ticket, and an unknown chance that it will give a gumdrop, a pineapple and/or 3 blueberries. There is also an unknown chance for The Mantis to drop 5x silver eggs as well. The amount of honey and the chance for tickets/gumdrops is modified by Luck.
|Pineapple Patch||1 (with 1 Rhino Beetle)||4|
|Pine Tree Forest||2||5 (on left)
6 (on right)
- Ticket (20% chance) (luck: +drop rate)
- Pineapple (increments of 1 or 50)
- Blueberries (increments of 3 or 50)
- 5 Silver Eggs
- Royal Jelly
- 5 treats
- Moon Charm
A good strategy to use with the Mantis is to try to get at the very edge of its enormous jump range. Then, when it stops to get ready to pounce at you, walk in a very wide circle around it. If you do it right, the Mantis will undershoot you and land at where you were a few seconds before. Also, keep in mind the Frozen Field Defenders Glitch used with most other mobs.
- When Bears give you quests that involve more than one mantis, the plural is spelled incorrectly as "4 Mantiss" rather than "4 Mantises" or "4 Mantes".
- Sometimes, the Mantises in the Pine Tree Forest will get stuck on the biggest pine tree, usually on the left.
- Mantises have the longest attack jump length of any mob, only rivaled by the Werewolf. Because of this, the Mantis can rarely jump outside of the Pine Tree Forest into other nearby fields.
|Normal||Ladybug • Rhino Beetle • Spider • Mantis • Scorpion • Werewolf • Cave Monster • Ants|
|Bosses||Rogue Vicious Bee • King Beetle • Tunnel Bear|