The Hive, also known as the Honeycomb, is where your bees go to rest when out of energy, to make honey or when you die. Upon joining a server, you must first claim a hive by following a red arrow and pressing ''E''( On laptop, PC, etc.) or Tap the "claim hive " (Tablet, iOS, android, etc.) to claim it. You must place eggs and Royal Jellies in hives to use them.
There are 6 hives in a server. A basic hive contains 25 slots for bees. You can expand your hive by buying additional Hive Slots at the Mountain Top Shop. The maximum number of bees a hive can contain is 50, but the price of that many hive slots is prohibitive.
Each Bee's hive slot has the face of the bee icon in the Bee's color. The background of the hive slot is based on the Bee's rarity; Bronze for Common, White for Rare, Bright Yellow for Epic, Aqua Blue for Legendary, and Green for Event. If a bee is gifted, then a thin yellow glowing line will trace the hive slot border.
- Once your character dies, all your bees return to the hive to rest, but do not recover energy. This is to prevent death abuse (Also, Bees will return to their proper slot for 30 seconds. This is known as the death penalty).
- Onett's statue on the top of the 6th hive has the number 38217 on its Port-O-Hive, which is a reference to a code with the reward of 5 tickets.
- The 7/11/18 update introduced a glitch that when looking on another hive, it shows the wrong rarity. This is mostly patched, but still occasionally happens.
- Prior to the 11/25/18 update there were only 5 hives.
- In the earlier days of Bee Swarm Simulator, bee faces on hive slots were bigger, they also sparkle except for the Basic Bee hive.