Bees are the main mechanic of Bee Swarm Simulator. They follow the player around, collecting pollen from fields and defending the player from mobs. Upon returning to the hive, bees can convert pollen into honey, which is the primary currency used in shops to buy. The hive is also where bees go to rest after they run out of energy. They also have a 30 second cooldown after you die.
Bees hatch from eggs with probabilities for different types and rarities depending on the type of the egg. You can change the type of an already-hatched bee by applying Royal Jelly, and you can also remove bees from your hive using an Eviction.
There are 33 bee types that can be discovered and collected.
- If the player's internet is lagging (slow internet), the bees may be unable to attack mobs.
- If the player moves while the bees are approaching, the bees will go around in circles at the player, instead of collecting the pollen for conversion.
- If the player gets too far from their bees, they will go to their owner, ignoring every flower and mob.
- Music Bee has the most ability tokens to give.
- Lion Bee is the most powerful bee.
- Photon Bee and Ninja Bee are tied for the fastest bee.
- Exhausted Bee and Photon Bee are the only two bees that don't require sleep.
- Gummy Bee was the only event bee that could be earned from doing quests from a certain bear.
- Bear Bee is the only event bee that can be directly purchased with Robux.
- Bear Bee, Tabby Bee, and Gummy Bee have '1st' flags on them if obtained during when they are first released.
- All bees (including Exhausted Bee and Photon Bee) sleep after player's death (in any way) after the 7-11 Update
- Other Players' bees stopped attacking other players' spawned boss mobs after the 7-11 Update
- There is currently a glitch in the game which gives players bees 2 Million+ Energy. This happens when you use a royal jelly on an Exhausted Bee or a Photon Bee.