Bees play a important role in Bee Swarm Simulator. They follow the player around, collecting pollen from fields and defending the player from mobs. Upon returning to the hive, bees can convert pollen into honey, which is the primary currency used in shops to buy. The hive is also where bees go to rest after they run out of energy. The bees also have a 30 second cooldown after you die.
Bees hatch from eggs with probabilities for different types and rarities depending on the type of the egg. You can change the type of an already-hatched bee by applying Royal Jelly, and you can also remove bees from your hive using an Eviction. Once your "basic hive" (25) is all filled up with bees, you can also buy more hive slots with the current max of 50.
There are 35 bee types that can be discovered and collected and 34 bee types if you don't use any robux.
There is a 1/12000 (0.00833%) chance that your bees can turn into a Gifted Bee from hatching eggs, and feeding a bee's favorite treat to a bee. Also there is a 1/250 (0.4%) chance of getting a gifted bee from Royal Jelly.
- If the player's internet is lagging (slow internet), the bees may be unable to attack mobs.
- If the player moves while the bees are approaching, the bees will go around in circles at the player instead of collecting the pollen for conversion.
- If the player gets too far from their bees, they will go to their owner, ignoring every flower and mob.
- Music Bee has the most ability tokens to give.
- Photon Bee and Ninja Bee are tied for being the fastest bee.
- Exhausted Bee and Photon Bee are the only two bees that don't require sleep.
- Gummy Bee was the only event bee that could be earned from doing quests from a Bear.
- Bear Bee is the only event bee that can be directly purchased with Robux.
- Bear Bee, Tabby Bee, and Gummy Bee have '1st' flags on them if obtained during when they are first released.
- All bees regardless (including Exhausted Bee and Photon Bee) sleep after player's death (in any way) after the 7-11 Update.
- Other players' bees stopped attacking other players' spawned boss mobs after the 7-11 Update.
- There is currently a glitch in the game which gives players bees 2 million+ Energy. This happens when you use a Royal Jelly on an Exhausted Bee or a Photon Bee.
- The Vicious Bee, Gummy Bee and Bear Bee are the only event bees that can be earned without tickets.
- Vicious Bee is the only bee to have a rogue version of herself.
- Baby Bee is the smallest bee in the game as well as the only one that is unable to attack without the use of Rage tokens and/or Amulets.
- Lion Bee is the strongest bee in the game having a base attack of 5.
- Basic Bee is the only Common bee and the only non-event bee that is unobtainable from a Royal Jelly.